harpcolumn

teaching (lever harp) students with certain physical characteristics

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp teaching (lever harp) students with certain physical characteristics

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lgorman3@juno.com
    Participant

OK, folks, I am not sure if there has been a posting on this topic in the past.

Tacye
    Participant

Can she hold the harp with her knees only?

jessica-wolff
    Participant

A taller harp? I’m 5’0″ and well-endowed in the area you specify and have had no problems–but I’m playing a harp that’s 5’3″. Thanks, BTW. I have been thinking about the Merlin and now I see that it might not work so well for me.

Karen Johns
    Participant

Well, I’m by no means under-endowed, and I have no problems with my harp position. I angle the harp to where it leans slightly more against my right knee, and does not touch my shoulder at all. I found out how to correctly position my harp from an excellent article by Laurie Riley in the Folk Harp Journal. You may want to check into this article- I found it in the Folk Harp Journal CD from Musicmaker’s. Hope this helps! :-)

Karen

Dwyn .
    Participant

In all seriousness, unless her “endowment” is due to artificial implants, I think she just needs to go bra-shopping.

Lgorman3@juno.com
    Participant

Well, I think it is the heigth of the harp combined with her proportions.

Tacye
    Participant

You might find raising the harp rather than lowering the stool works better- this is particularly the case if the harp can have screw in legs because they often change the balance point of the harp.

kay-lister

Just a thought – how about placing the harp more on the right arm side of the body with the breast area on the left side of the harp.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.