Tchaik Sleeping Beauty Suite Cadenza, need help ASAP!

Posted In: Repertoire

• Participant
    rebekah-atkinson on #210194

Hi All!

I’m trying to find music for an extended harp cadenza to the Sleeping Beauty Suite ASAP, as the rehearsal is in only two days (Tuesday the 19th)! :-0 I have attached a Youtube link, and any information anyone could provide me as to this version, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! 🙂

Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #210236

You may want to join the Facebook group Harpists Acquiring Repetoire and Performing Experience. It’s all about orchestra performance/parts and there is a data base of orchestral parts. Other helpful FB harp group is Harp Exchange.

Also check Vanderbilt Music. There is a lot of orchestral music from Lyra not yet catalogued. Great cadenza. Please let us know what you find out.

Participant
    rebekah-atkinson on #210241

Hi Gretchen, Great ideas, thanks so much for sharing! 🙂

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #210715

I have never heard this version. Perhaps she composed it herself? There are various cadenzas floating around for different Russian ballet companies. It is not uncommon for their harpists to be given the freedom to write their own cadenzas as long as they fit in the time provided, stay in the right keys, and don’t confuse the dancers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.