Sylvain Blassel/ Boston salon concerts

• Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #150384

Carl,

I seem to recall that you mentioned some months ago that Sylvain recorded a CD with one of your harps.

Participant
    unknown-user on #150385

Hi Jerusha,

Not to intrude on a message to Carl, but I did attend Marie-Pierre Langlamet’s Masterclass, which was fascinating and intimate. I did not, however, get a chance to stay for the concert. I really appreciate this Distinguished Harpist Series. From what I can tell, there are a lot of newly graduated harpists in the area who seem dedicated to making Boston a real center of harp activity. Its very exciting. I can’t wait for the next distinguished harpist, Gwyneth Wentink, who will be here in April and May. Although she’s not doing a masterclass, she is giving a concert and private lessons, both of which I’m planning to take advantage of.

~Sam

Participant
    carl-swanson on #150386

Jerusha- It wasn’t Sylvain who played one of my rebuilt harps. It was Emanual Ceysson. He recorded some pieces for harp and violin with Anne Akiko Meyer, a truly wonderful world class violinist. The CD was originally supposed to be out in January, but Koch records has now put off the release until September. I’ve already contacted them about putting one of the cuts up on my web site so that anyone looking at the Wurlitzer DDX that I have for sale can also hear this instrument. I need to contact them again.

Participant
    carl-swanson on #150387

I forgot to say anything about the salon concerts. They have been wonderful. I went to both the masterclass and the concert by Marie-Pierre. She’s in a class by herself. Extremely musical player and also a virtuoso. At the moment, Boston has quite an active harp community with lots going on.

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #150388

You are right!

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #150389

Carl,

I may be in Boston sooner than I thought.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.