Sweetharps by Caswell

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

Tony G on #156960

Hello all!

I am a beginning harpist and I was taking a look at the Sweetharps made by Caswell. Does anyone know anything about them?

http://www.caswellharps.com/Page17/Page17.html

The sound in the clips seems very nice for a small harp, and while I would love to get my hands on a Ravenna 34… the larger harps are too big to fit in my car, so there would be no hope for me getting the thing to rehearsals! 🙂

One reason I am tempted in particular is that they look very beautiful in some of the offered colors, and I am intrigued by the tuning pegs. They look handy… and like what I’m used to, given that I have played guitar and violin in the past.

Any opinions?

Participant
    Amber M on #156961

If his supplier ever gets moving, will let you know!
    What kind of car do you have? Ravennas arent that big…and the legs are removable.

Tony G on #156962

I have a 2005 Kia Spectra… I have not been able to find my measuring tape to actually measure… do you think a Ravenna 34 would fit in the back seat? If so, I think I might just go for that.

I’m not going to pretend to be knowledgable about harps, but from my singing (I am a simi-professional baritone) and other musical training I have good ears and I have done a lot of research as far as sound quality… and I love the quality of the Ravenna.

I am hesitant about the idea of a 26-29 string harp anyways… I want to be able to accompany myself singing Celtic music, and with only a C below Middle C there isn’t a lot I could play. Plus I just prefer the body of sound you get from a floor harp vs. the smaller ones.

Participant
    Amber M on #156963

I think youd be fine. I believe the dusty site has measurements for the ravenna…if not, let me know and I’ll measure mine for ya.

Tony G on #156964

I just found my measuring tape! I think it’s gonna fit!!!!!!! WHEEE!!!

Soon as I can Imma get that Ravenna. OMG I’m giddy with excitement… I didn’t think I was going to be able to! But my car has room across the back seat for 55″, and the Ravenna is only 49″!

Participant
    Amber M on #156965

Glad it worked out for ya! Ravenna’s a great harp! :-)

Participant
    Chris Caswell on #156966

As soon as the SweetHarps parts start moving I’m throwing a party and you’re all invited!

Participant
    Amber M on #156967

Hopefully it doesnt end up being a New Years party! :-(

Participant
    Sharon O on #156968

Hi Tony! It’s Sharon from the Moot 🙂

I just found this place, and was going to tell you about it, then found your thread – you beat me to it!

Anyway, I hope you can get your harp soon – I know you’ll love it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.