harpcolumn

Sweetharps by Caswell

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Sweetharps by Caswell

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tony G

Hello all!

I am a beginning harpist and I was taking a look at the Sweetharps made by Caswell. Does anyone know anything about them?

http://www.caswellharps.com/Page17/Page17.html

The sound in the clips seems very nice for a small harp, and while I would love to get my hands on a Ravenna 34… the larger harps are too big to fit in my car, so there would be no hope for me getting the thing to rehearsals! 🙂

One reason I am tempted in particular is that they look very beautiful in some of the offered colors, and I am intrigued by the tuning pegs. They look handy… and like what I’m used to, given that I have played guitar and violin in the past.

Any opinions?

Amber M
    Participant

If his supplier ever gets moving, will let you know!
    What kind of car do you have? Ravennas arent that big…and the legs are removable.

Tony G

I have a 2005 Kia Spectra… I have not been able to find my measuring tape to actually measure… do you think a Ravenna 34 would fit in the back seat? If so, I think I might just go for that.

I’m not going to pretend to be knowledgable about harps, but from my singing (I am a simi-professional baritone) and other musical training I have good ears and I have done a lot of research as far as sound quality… and I love the quality of the Ravenna.

I am hesitant about the idea of a 26-29 string harp anyways… I want to be able to accompany myself singing Celtic music, and with only a C below Middle C there isn’t a lot I could play. Plus I just prefer the body of sound you get from a floor harp vs. the smaller ones.

Amber M
    Participant

I think youd be fine. I believe the dusty site has measurements for the ravenna…if not, let me know and I’ll measure mine for ya.

Tony G

I just found my measuring tape! I think it’s gonna fit!!!!!!! WHEEE!!!

Soon as I can Imma get that Ravenna. OMG I’m giddy with excitement… I didn’t think I was going to be able to! But my car has room across the back seat for 55″, and the Ravenna is only 49″!

Amber M
    Participant

Glad it worked out for ya! Ravenna’s a great harp! :-)

Chris Caswell
    Participant

As soon as the SweetHarps parts start moving I’m throwing a party and you’re all invited!

Amber M
    Participant

Hopefully it doesnt end up being a New Years party! :-(

Sharon O
    Participant

Hi Tony! It’s Sharon from the Moot 🙂

I just found this place, and was going to tell you about it, then found your thread – you beat me to it!

Anyway, I hope you can get your harp soon – I know you’ll love it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.