harpcolumn

Sweating Hands

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Sweating Hands

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any harpists on this forum who suffer from sweating fingers/hands especially when they are performing or are stressed and nervous. I find I get sweaty/tacky fingers whenever I am anxious about my playing and it really interferes with my sound and technique. Also, since my fingers are soft and moister I find the edge of my nail digs into the skin and causes pain (especially in the RH thumb).

Has anyone else suffered from this problem and found a solution. I have tried using Driclor (a roll-on to stop extreme perspiration) but found that this did not stop the tacky/sweaty feeling.

Look forward to hearing anyone’s ideas.

Regards,

Clare McDonogh

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I went to a workshop with a well known harpist a couple weeks ago, and she recommended the little bags that bowlers use to keep their hands dry. I think you could get them at any bowling alley.

Although I don’t have sweaty hands, I thought it was a great idea.

Hope it helps!

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

I am only the mother of a harpist now but when I was playing a lot (piano and cello) in my youth I used to get this problem particularly for a big performance.

Olivia Bragg

I have had the same problem. To fix the problem I use Johnson’s Baby Powder. This allows me not to slip on the strings and play more efficiently.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies