harpcolumn

Suzuki’s Happy Farmer? Trouble.

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Suzuki’s Happy Farmer? Trouble.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    janelle-lake
    Participant

Am I a bad teacher if I hate Schubert’s “Happy Farmer” in Suzuki book II?

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Oh-oh….. I’m an adult student just finishing bk.2 and I (sorry) absolutely LOVE this piece. I learned it about a year ago and was bursting my buttons with pride when I mastered it.

Can’t say I had considered it as wedding piece (unless the groom was a happy farmer) but I bet you could do a theme and variations at other social occasions, especially those at which spirits were included in the refreshments, and get some mileage out of it.

On a more serious note, I really do like the left hand melody, and I think it has some value for the lever switches.

Hope this helps!

elinor-niemisto
    Participant

There are bound to be pieces you like more than others, but you include them in order to present the

janelle-lake
    Participant

Thank you for your posts!

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

Well, when did this piece become the Happy Farmer and not the Merry Peasant?

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I enjoyed your post, Georgina, because I have suffered the same fate with all of the pieces you mentioned.

I still haven’t gotten the Salzedo where I want it but I keep telling myself that WHEN I play the 8 Dances (NOT IF), the section from the S2 will just be that much easier.

Also love Xmas Day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.