harpcolumn

Suzuki Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Suzuki Harp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    elinor-niemisto
    Participant

Any one interested in finding out about Suzuki Harp….what it is all about, how to find a teacher,

janelle-lake
    Participant

I am interested!

janelle-lake
    Participant

I am in Chicago.

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Elinor, I recently purchased Mary Kay Waddington’s edition of Solfegietto in which she indicates brushing the strings to remove unwanted vibrations.

elinor-niemisto
    Participant

In order to maintain a “drier” sound than a modern pedal harp produces, you “wipe out” some of the resonance as you place.

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Elinor, many thanks. That is very helpful!

How and when do you introduce note-reading in the Suzuki method?

elinor-niemisto
    Participant

Preliminaries start almost at the beginning.

I have been interested in getting started for a number of years. I need to check the application deadlines, because it is my goal to get at least Book 1 training this summer. My own teaching philosophy naturally aligns with everything I have read about Shinichi Suzuki’s philosophy, so I am excited to get involved with it.

janelle-lake
    Participant

The AHS Chicago Chapter has been talking about bringing a certified Suzuki teacher trainer to Chicago this summer (2010).

I might be interested in a Chicago teacher training session. Will it be for Book 1? I haven’t done Book 1 yet.

As Miss Lawrence used to say, “Monkey see, monkey do.” Imitation is one of the most powerful learning/teaching tools.

janelle-lake
    Participant

Hi Julieanne and other interested harpists,

janelle-lake
    Participant

Hooray!

Jeralee
    Participant

Sounds interesting…

My 8 year old that has multiple learning disabilities, takes Suzuki violin, and it has been a good match for her.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies