column

Suzuki Harp

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Suzuki Harp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    elinor-niemisto
    Participant

Any one interested in finding out about Suzuki Harp….what it is all about, how to find a teacher,

janelle-lake
    Participant

I am interested!

janelle-lake
    Participant

I am in Chicago.

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Elinor, I recently purchased Mary Kay Waddington’s edition of Solfegietto in which she indicates brushing the strings to remove unwanted vibrations.

elinor-niemisto
    Participant

In order to maintain a “drier” sound than a modern pedal harp produces, you “wipe out” some of the resonance as you place.

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Elinor, many thanks. That is very helpful!

How and when do you introduce note-reading in the Suzuki method?

elinor-niemisto
    Participant

Preliminaries start almost at the beginning.

I have been interested in getting started for a number of years. I need to check the application deadlines, because it is my goal to get at least Book 1 training this summer. My own teaching philosophy naturally aligns with everything I have read about Shinichi Suzuki’s philosophy, so I am excited to get involved with it.

janelle-lake
    Participant

The AHS Chicago Chapter has been talking about bringing a certified Suzuki teacher trainer to Chicago this summer (2010).

I might be interested in a Chicago teacher training session. Will it be for Book 1? I haven’t done Book 1 yet.

As Miss Lawrence used to say, “Monkey see, monkey do.” Imitation is one of the most powerful learning/teaching tools.

janelle-lake
    Participant

Hi Julieanne and other interested harpists,

janelle-lake
    Participant

Hooray!

Jeralee
    Participant

Sounds interesting…

My 8 year old that has multiple learning disabilities, takes Suzuki violin, and it has been a good match for her.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.