Sudden pedal click! HELP!

• Participant
    Chanah Ambuter on #220998

Hello all,

I was practicing today when, all of a sudden, my A-pedal started making a clicking noise. I’ve run through the following diagnostic checks:
    – Only clicks from A-flat to A-natural. A-natural to A-sharp is silent
    – Only clicks when moving the pedal sideways into the slot with moderate force. Moving the pedal up and down, or VERY gently into the slot, is silent.
    – Clicks are somewhat sporadic — sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn’t.
    – None of the other pedals are clicking

See sound file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k89hmEUiCLwi1ZCocAy446tAbzxx7b9Y

My harp is 7 years old, and was just regulated a couple months ago.

Can anyone help? What could have caused it to JUST start clicking out of the blue mid-practice session?

Thanks,
    Chanah

Participant
    Tacye on #221015

Have you had a look in the base while moving the pedal to see if anything is touching?

The click I once had in the base was solved by a technician adjusting the bit of cloth packed into the bottom of the column.

Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #221018

What harp are you playing? If you have a harp tech you use regularly, you could send the video to the tech. My harp did this once and it turned out the spring needed to be greased.

Participant
    paul-knoke on #221037

Sounds to me like the spring is popping in some inappropriate direction and hitting the pedal bar or stud. Lay the harp down and take a look! A technician may be needed to adjust the spring stud.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.