harpcolumn

Style 100 Semi-grand to Concert Grand

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Style 100 Semi-grand to Concert Grand

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi, everyone!

I am wondering if anyone knows when the L&H Style 100 went from being a semi-grand to a concert grand? I have loved all of the 100 CGs that I have played, and was not in love with the semi-grand (it didn’t fit me as well). I would love a CG, but at pre-owned price. However, most of the used ones I see are from the 70s. Sometimes the “grandness” isn’t listed by the seller, and a cut-off date would be useful.

Thanks!

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Probably the quickest way to be sure is to contact Lyon & Healy. They’re usually very helpful with such info. Just ask what year the 100 was first offered as a concert grand. 😉

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

I remember shopping for my concert grand in ’94. I really wanted a 100 but it wasn’t made with 47 strings at that time, as I recall.

Alison
    Participant

Steve at L&H said they actually made some semi-grand 100’s up until 2007 – they are very different in spacing as well as size.

The full-sized 100 was introduced at the Philadelphia AHS conference, which was in, 2004? as I recall.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.