harpcolumn

Stools for Tall People

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Stools for Tall People

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    roy-clement

Hello,

I am just starting out as an adult student of the Harp. I am using a Troubador currently and planning on moving to a full size when I sharpen my skills.

Current problem: when I sit in a regular stool, I am too tall for the harp, I hits me in the center of the chest. A foot stool seems to be too low.

I am 6’4″ with a 6’6″ wingspan. Any advice on stools or instruments? (Please do not recommend the DoubleBass, I have heard it :))

Thanks,
    Roy

Ask a friend to come over with one of those steel measuring tapes that pull out of a palm-sized container, and have a locking device at the side for keeping the tape extended where you choose. Go to your Troubadour harp without a chair but bend your knees behind it until, with your arms extended forward as if to play, but without raising your shoulders, they are comfortably in the middle of the strings. Have the friend measure from your bottom, to the floor and lock the tape so the number of inches can be read by both of you. Now you can staighten yourself out of that uncomfortable position!

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Roy,

Putting a harp on any kind of raised surface is dangerous. They tip over very easily.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Umm, how can

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies