harpcolumn

Still, Still, Still arr. Normal Luboff

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing Still, Still, Still arr. Normal Luboff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Ice
    Participant

By chance does anybody have a harp adaptation/harp part for this choral work? I’m looking to find a separate part and not have to read off an SATB octavio score.

David Ice

Hi David,

4/4 time, key of F Major. No up-beat. Numbers represent scale steps since I cannot yet attach a music example: this new improved desktop is very new with different habits required from what my previous one did. First note is C above middle C. Dashes are eighth beats.Names of first 5 numbers: C,F,A,C,F.

5-8-3-5-/1—–13/2-247-72/1—–1-/
    2-234-2-/3-345-3-/2-234-2-/3-345-3-
    5-8-3-5-/1—–13/2-247-72/1—-=–// Code: Slashes are bar lines. A number followed by a – is a quarter note. If followed by five—– it is a dotted quarter note.If followed by seven——- it is a whole note. in a group with no – in the group, they are eighth notes, All of the ” 7″ numbers, if written here are E’s under the key note F. It is the convention to place an underline under those 7s to indicate going down below the F that is your tonic, depicted here as the number 1 (first space in treble clef). I have not yet figured out how to underline a single number on a computer keyboard like 7, which we could do so easily on paper. For the E above middle C we would need no underline. With your superior harp performance and arranging skills I am certain you could construct a lovely harp part in any key, just from this simple formula. This formula also helps people, even when quite young, to capture quickly a melody they hear and like, on a scrap of paper and later write it down as notation on manuscript paper. Respectfully submitted.

billooms
    Participant

I’ll send you an email with a piano/solo arrangement that might get you close.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies