harpcolumn

Steve Green of Steen Harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Steve Green of Steen Harps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

I received this message from the family of Steve Green, the builder of Steen Harps. As the proud owner of a Steen Concord, I just wanted to share the info. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Sherj

Stephen Duane Green, 64, died July 26, 2013, with his family by his side at his residence near Roderfield, West Virginia.

Steve was born April 24, 1949 in Welch, West Virginia. He was married to Doris Frances Powell in 1970 while serving in the US Army, stateside during the Vietnam War. After an honorable discharge in 1971, Steve returned home to McDowell County and worked as a coal miner, then as a brick mason. In 1974, Steve and his brother John started their own business, Green’s Custom Cabinets, later renamed Green’s Kitchens. In 1991, Steve began his second business, Steen Harp Company.

A pilot, motorcyclist, kitchen designer, harp builder, bass singer and local businessman, Steve lived his life to the fullest. He had a wide variety of interests and talents that have brought smiles to many faces who have crossed his path through the years – young and old. Those who knew him, however, knew a man who loved his family and God with an intensity that far exceeded any hobby or business interest he ever pursued.

The seventh of 9 children, Steve was preceded in death by his parents, Jesse and Gladys Green; 3 sisters: infant Georgia Green, Nellie (Green) Muncy, and Nannie (Green) Tilley; 2 brothers: Ralph Green and Hobert Green; and one infant granddaughter, Mallory Green. He is survived by his wife, Doris Green; his daughter, Beth Green of Roderfield; his son David Green & wife Andrea; his grandchildren Josef and Joselyn Green of Iaeger; 3 brothers: Willard Green of Knoxville, Maryland; John Green and wife Wanda of Roderfield; and Elden Green and wife Ivirose also of Roderfield; over 30 nieces and nephews; and many great-nieces and nephews.

He was – and is – a member of the Church of God at Harmon’s Branch near Iaeger. Pastor John Green of Iaeger will officiate the funeral service on Monday, July 29 at 11:00 a.m. to be held at the Church of God at Harmon’s Branch. Visitation will be held at the Fanning Funeral Home of Iaeger Sunday evening from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Pallbearers will be family members and friends.

Steve will be laid to rest in the Roselawn Memorial Gardens in Princeton, West Virginia, near his parents, sisters and granddaughter.

wilma-hatcher
    Participant

I am saddened to learn of the death of Steve Green. I live about 40 miles from his company and visited with him when I first started looking for a harp. At that time, I couldn’t afford one of his, but had a most pleasant visit with him. We have also had some contact with him when he installed kitchen cabinets for my son. His love for his family was quite evident when visiting him. Thank you for posting this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies