harpcolumn

Spillage?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Spillage?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    David Ice
    Participant

Saul….

One word:

RAID

or

ORKIN

Dave Ice

Simona Millham
    Participant

Pat – how funny – my two Shelties love to lie down pressed against my harp while I’m playing it! (not always terribly convenient, it has to be said) … must be a Sheltie thing!

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

Since having my L&H 23 since ’94, I have been proud to say that there has been no spillage, that is until tonight. I was rehearsing with my choral group, resounding harmony on a piece called Song of Wisdom (music for “Old Turtle”, look up this story on youtube, it’s great). As the narrator of the piece started her story, she threw her arm out, knocking over a glass of water that was on th podium, spilling the water all over the column and base of my harp! She was mortified. Being as professional as possible I didn’t blink. Just got up and went to the rest room for a stack of paper towels to sop up the mess. The narrator was mortified, and proceeded to narrate and help me sop up the water as she spoke. Keep in mind this IS a rehearsal. The conductor kept going. I had already missed my entrance but drying my instrument was priority. We are getting to the part where the choir comes in and one of the flutes is out of tune… the conductor cuts us off to tune the flute!!!! I remember someone having a thread about harpists and orchestras. They expect so much of the harpist (God forbid you miss a note) yet have sympathy for other “normal” instruments! Luckily the 3rd movement of the piece has no harp part and I was able to finish drying off. I have to admit it was the best I have ever done on this piece. Perhaps it was the distraction that helped my performance, who knows? I asked Cynthia (the narrator) to throw a glass of water at me for the performance (in 2 weeks) for good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies