Southeastern Harp Weekend Over With

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    brenda-lee on #162452

Hi Everyone~Did any of you go to the Southeastern Harp Weekend in Asheville? I went and thought it was wonderful.

Participant
    unknown-user on #162453

Hi Brenda! I was not able to attend the classes – but I did make it to the shopping – and spent waayyyyyy too much money on music! ha! I thought it was a really good turnout with regards to the vendors that were there… Don’t know if you saw it, but at the Michigan Harp Center booth – they had a gold Lyon & Healy style 14 pedal harp that they had totally re-done/re-necked/etc… That really caught my eye – and was not something you see everyday! (here’s a link if you want to see it…).. So glad you had a great time – and hate that I couldn’t attend the classes! Kind regards! William

http://www.michiganharpcenter.com/catalog/item/6374408/6194982.htm

Participant
    unknown-user on #162454

Brenda,

Wow, wasn’t that the best? Everyone I’ve talked to is still buzzing from that event. The workshops were great, the setting was beautiful, and I learned so much! My two favorite things about the whole weekend were 1) the workshop with Janet Harbison where she taught everyone the Ceili from Titanic and 2) the vendor hall! It was really hard to come back home.

Becky

Participant
    brenda-lee on #162455

Hi Becky, I loved the vendor hall, too.

Participant
    Kelly R on #162456

I enjoyed the weekend. It was my first ever time actually going to a harp event, so I wasn’t sure what to expect.

Participant
    Kelly R on #162457

Oh, and I played that gold pedal harp and wished, wished, wished I could have taken it home with me!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.