Smetana Vysehrad

Posted In: Repertoire

• Participant
    harphana@gmail.com on #61521

What do you play?
    19 measures before A or 21 measures before A
    It is kind of hard to find the right(?) fingerings.

Please give me any idea!!!!
    Thanks.

patricia-jaeger on #61522

Look in Sarah Bullen’s 1995 69-page publication with included CD,”Principal Harp” published by Vanderbilt Music in Bloomington, Indiana, on pages 14 and 15 for a good excerpt from this first movement of Smetana’s tone poem My Country, or My Fatherland (Ma Vlast).
    Unfortunately no rehearsal letters are included so the exact measures you wish are not easily found. The work is scored for two harps, in E flat major, and this excerpt is helpful showing each, with enough fingerings to be useful, unlike another such collection of 102 pages, by Helga Storck .””Orchester Probespiel “published in 1994 by Schott, on page 32, where only one page from this movement is given with no fingerings or separation of the two harp parts. These volumes contain edited arrangements of otherwise tricky harp parts, from many orchestral works by different composers. Perhaps a professional orchestral harpist will weigh in here, and help with better information! Also, perhaps you are in an abbreviated edition published for student use by Edwin F. Kalmus or other publishers (who has a student edition orchestral harp part of Movement 2, The Moldau). Always give as much information as possible on the forum when seeking help. Best wishes for your success!

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #61523

I have a solution for this cadenza. I will try to post it here.

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #61524

No, it didn’t work. If you email me at evolpebligh@gmail.com, I will send it to you.

Participant
    harphana@gmail.com on #61525

Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.