harpcolumn

Sm pedal harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Sm pedal harps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Keymaster

Does anyone know which manufacturer has the fullest sounding student pedal harp?

unknown-user
    Participant

I haven’t played many types of harps, but I do know from talking to other harpists that if you choose a reliable brand than the sound will be beautiful. I have a Lyon and Healy 85 Petite and I absolutely love it! The sound is very, very full. Lyon and Healy, Salvi, Camac, Pilgrim, Ayoyama, and Venus are supposed to be wonderful companies with pedal harps. I hope I didn’t forget a company! I’ve only played on a Lyon and Healy or a Savli Daphne, so I’d find someone with more experience to take advice from. But try finding the websites of harp manufacturers and listen to some sound samples. Most harps are of equal quality just different tone, so it may be a matter of preference. I love the sounds of all the different harps! Sorry I can’t help you more!

— Natalie

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Don’t know about “fullest,” but the cute little Pilgrim Progress pedal harp (just short of 5′ 00″) has a nice tone. Not just my opinion, but shared by two professionals I overheard.

lisa-fenwick
    Participant

I like the Camac Clio with ex. soundboard..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.