harpcolumn

Singing in the Rain – Harp part/Lever

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Singing in the Rain – Harp part/Lever

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alison
    Participant

Could anyone find an original harp part (ie with a few glissandos and octaves) that I could adapt for the lever harp, as my young pupil had been passed the w/wind part for junior orchestra at her school and it’s not much fun – timing too tricky for her , she’ll get lost I’m sure – & this is her first time too – so not impressed. It’s in G major and luckily I have a singing version to hand in same key – so we can track what’s going on. Thanks Alison. (at least we enjoyed watching the Youtube clip whilst she was here and the Morecambe & Wise version is great too !!)

Alison
    Participant

I have dealt with this now by writing a guidance note for Junior Harp Parts, encouraging the incumbent music teacher or their peripatetic harpist to put together a harp part from the score /piano reduction taking into consideration the technical and musical guidance notes I have provided – probably the best way forward for the pupil and the school concerned. Not really helpful for a grade 1 harpist to be palmed off with a wind part, huh !!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.