harpcolumn

Sibelius – files open, but the fonts are corrupted

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Sibelius – files open, but the fonts are corrupted

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Has anyone experienced this? I can open my Sibelius files on one computer and they look fine, but on the newer one, the fonts have been corrupted and they look like a scribble. Up to now, they have always looked fine on both computers. The other strange thing is that I cannot drag the page up any more on the newer computer. They are both Macs.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Take a look at the Sibelius website. There have been problems with Sibelius being run on Macs, especially after some OS updates. I think remedies are available online.

Wow. I have spent more than an hour trying to get to a tech support person, but their “help line” never gives you a person at the other end. I bought the newest version of Sibelius online, and it won’t open to install. I am supposed to be e-mailed an “avid support code” but it is not showing up in my email. I am at my wit’s end!

lisa-davis
    Participant

I had this problem once when I accidentally deleted some of the fonts while trying to clear up memory space…. I was able to solve the problem by uninstalling and re-installing the whole entire program.

it can also happen if you have an older version of Sibelius running on a newer Mac iOS. You may have to update to a newer version of Sibeluis. My Mac had a lot of issues with my sib 3 — I’ve since upgraded to Sib 6 and have had no big issues beyond my own human incompetency.

good luck —

lisa-davis
    Participant

sorry — just realized you said you ARE trying to update to the newest version.

I would keep trying to get a real person on the other end of the line. I don’t know if service procedures have changed, but I was able to get a wonderfully helpful tech on their help line last summer.

Success! Here is what happened, as a warning to anyone who types fast, as I tend to do:
    I mis-typed my email address while ordering Sibelius 7, and that basically opened the gates of hell. I spent many frustrating hours trying to connect with their support staff. I finally got one person on the phone who told me that he had re-set my email and password, but it turned out that he had not. When I got another guy by email (after much searching for an email address), he told me that it was still under the wrong email address and I just had to type that in with my password, and I would get in and be able to retrieve my file and registration info. So I did. I could not re-set my email, though, since they said it was already in use!! So I changed it to another email address that they didn’t know about yet, and it’s all good. I was about ready to ask for my money back and switch to Finale. I love the SIbelius program, but if you need to talk to someone in tech support, they make it impossible to find such a person unless you’re Sherlock Holmes.

There is more on this subject on Coffee Break. Saul had started a thread there at the same time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.