harpcolumn

Should I be concerned???

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Should I be concerned???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Myds
    Participant

I have a 2015 Salvi Apollo and I just play sporadically. The gut and nylon strings are quite stable when it comes to tuning. Uncharacteristically, they require little to no tuning from session to session. I always thought wire strings hold tuning better than gut/nylon. My wire strings, however, tend to be lose their tuning more often and to a larger degree (than my past harps). They’re sharp, I tune them, and then the next time I play they are flat OR they’re flat one session and then are sharp the next. If anything, they tend to want to be sharp. What do you think? Is this just a quirk of my harp or could there be something more serious going on. If so, what? Do others experience the same thing? Let me know!

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

What brand strings are on the harp? When was the last time the wire strings were changed? When was your harp last regulated? I own a 2012 Salvi Apollo. It is my workhorse. I have no problems whatsoever.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies