harpcolumn

Sheet Music for Anonymous Romance

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Sheet Music for Anonymous Romance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Laura Wilson
    Participant

Hello! I have been asked to play “Anonymous Romance” for my sister’s wedding reception. Does anyone know where I could find a harp arrangement for this piece? I did find the following arrangement by Eleanor Fell. Has anyone played it?

http://harpconnection.com/store/product.php?cat=2&scat=2&query=Jeux+Interdits&sku=400-1870&itemRedir=http%3A%2F%2Fharpconnection.com%2Fstore%2Fsearch.php%3Fcat%3D2%26scat%3D2%26query%3DJeux%2BInterdits%23A400-1870

Thank you!

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Barbara Brundage has arranged it for lever harp in her collection “Classics on Request” (vol. 1). It’s called “Romanza” by anonymous. Her arrangements and Eleanor Fell’s are excellent so you couldn’t go wrong with either (or both!).

barbara-brundage
    Participant

If you have a pedal harp, Eleanor’s arrangement is very nice and not difficult. There’s a key change that makes it very tricky with levers, though.

As a followup to Catherine’s post (thanks, Catherine!) you can get just the Romanza as a download from harpcenter.com, if you don’t want the whole book.

Laura Wilson
    Participant

Thank you both for your quick responses! I do play the pedal harp, so I think I will go for Eleanor Fell’s arrangement. Again, I appreciate the help.

Laura

barbara-brundage
    Participant

You’re welcome. I think you’ll really enjoy playing it.

Laura, there is also the Jonathan Cascante (Costa Rica) arrangement of “Anonymous Romance, for One or Two Harps”. Copyrighted in 1998, it is for pedal harp, and at

Misty Harrison
    Participant

There is one in the Happy Hours of the Harp vol. 2

people love it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.