harpcolumn

Sebastian Errard for sale

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Sebastian Errard for sale

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Miles Raven
    Participant

Hi – I have inherited a Sebastian Errard harp (seven pedals) – does anyone know where I can get it valued for sale?

paul-knoke
    Participant

It kind of depends – where are you located?

The other way to find out what it’s worth is to put it on eBay. What it sells for is what it’s worth!

Miles Raven
    Participant

Hi Paul,

I’m in the UK – I just wanted to get a ball park figure so I could put a reserve on it on ebay. Do you know if many harps get sold through ebay?

Thanks,

Miles

carl-swanson
    Participant

There are plenty of people in England who are very knowledgeable about Erard and other 19th century instruments who could help you. Mike Parker and Allan Harbour are two who come to mind.

Erards come up fairly frequently on ebay. But they are more often than not worm eaten wrecks that need massive amounts of work. They typically go for around $3,000 to $5,000.

rod-anderson
    Participant

Miles – if you’re in the UK have a look at affairsoftheharp.com – there’s a big section of adverts and you can phone or e-mail Geraldine, who is very helpful (and charmingly eccentric).

paul-knoke
    Participant

Hi Miles

You can contact Mike Parker through his website at http://www.parkerharps.com. Other good resources are Michael Parfett at www. michaelparfett.com and John Hoare at http://www.pilgrimharps.com. All are interesting websites in any case. Let me know if this helps!

Cheers,

Paul

Miles Raven
    Participant

All,

Thanks for the very useful information! I have been in touch with a number of people and organizations now which has been an insight and a great help! A useful tip for anyone wanting history of their Errard harp is to contact the Royal College of Music (www.rcm.ac.uk) who now own the historical ledgers.

Regards,

Miles

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.