column

Salzedo Teachers in Europe

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Salzedo Teachers in Europe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    william-nichols
    Participant

Hi,

It’s getting to the time where I need to start making decisions about university education. I am planning to go on with my studies in harp and become a professional. I am currently learning Salzedo-ish technique. I would really like to study in Europe but I cannot find any Salzedo teachers at any music schools. Are there any Salzedo teachers in any Europe conservatories or universities or are they just non existent? I know there are many Salzedo teachers in America.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Will Nichols 🙂

sidney-butler
    Participant

Hi there, I can’t help you, but I’m the one who put out a call a few posts earlier for Salzedo teachers. It seems us Salzedo harpists really like our method and want to know who also is Salzedo style. Membership lists should let us put an S or something next to our name so we can easily identify our peers.

katie-buckley
    Participant

Hi! Its not very common over on this side of the world. My suggestion would be to look for Europeans that studied with teachers of the Salzedo technique in America. (Someone who studied at Cleveland Institute for example.) Is there a particular reason you are wanting to go to study in Europe more than America?

Laura Sofia Carmellino might be able to help you. She lives in Milan, Italy, and runs the International Harp Workshop. She studied at Curtis.

There are some harpists in Europe who can probably help you. Claudia Valsi is in Freiburg, Germany; Judit Kadar in Berlin, Catherine White in London, to name a few. Floraleda Sacchi in Italy had some studies with Alice Chalifoux.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.