harpcolumn

Salvi Prima 38

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Salvi Prima 38

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    katy-newsome
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to this forum and I did a search but only found one old thread about the Salvi Prima 38 so I’m hoping to maybe get more response on this one.
    I’m currently playing on my friends L&H Ogden and have been playing for about 7 months and decided I would like to pursue harp and invest in my own lever harp. I want one with more strings though as I would like more of a lower octave range. That said, I’ve been looking at 38 string harps. I haven’t found too many so perhaps some of you could give me some to look into?
    I did look at Salvis 38 string harps and came across the Salvi Prima. I saw that they have a used one in their showroom for $2,400 which I might be interested in, if they can offer financing. Anyway, just wondering if you all have played and have opinions on it? I’ve watched a couple youtube videos but I know that sound quality on video is different compared to the real life quality.

Thanks!!!

sarah-grabham
    Participant

Hi Katy, I have a Salvi Prima 34. I didn’t get the 38 as it gives more high strings, not low ones. The 34 has fantastic bass but is a bit heavy to carry – well, for one of my advanced years, but the sound is great and the levers are very friendly. Hope you find your destiny harp and good luck! Sarah

katy-newsome
    Participant

Hey Sarah,
    Thanks for your input! Actually, I’m looking for a harp that might have a couple lower bass strings, rather than an extended upper octave. Do you (or anyone reading this) know how harps are strung when they have more strings? I believe I checked out a few 36 strings (including L&H Troubadour VI) and saw that the two extra strings were in the 1st octave. Is this common? Does anyone know of a 36 string harp that maybe goes from 1st A to 6th A? Or is there a “standard” when it comes to what strings are on 34, 36 and 38 string harps?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.