harpcolumn

Rouet – Hasselmans – First performance at new school

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing Rouet – Hasselmans – First performance at new school

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    avdhoeven
    Participant

Davy is since about 5 weeks now in the Codarts pre-conservatory school in Rotterdam and tonight had his first performance there. He played the Rouet by Hasselmans. So nice to see him enjoy playing the pedal harp.

balfour-knight
    Participant

Hello Andre and Davy!

So glad to see this new post of Davy! Wow, he is really growing up and developing a fine technique. It is also good to see and hear a new Camac Egerie (sorry this keyboard does not have the accents over the two E’s!). I love my Camac Atlantide Prestige and am excited when a harp company develops a new model. How does Davy like his new school? We have thought about him fondly and hope the Covid did not cause too many problems for you all.

Thanks so much for updating all of us.

Wishing you all the best,
    Balfour (and Carol Lynn)

avdhoeven
    Participant

Thanks. He could choose any harp from the Camac store, so he chose this one 🙂 We all were hit in our family with Covid last month. We were sick at home for 2-3 weeks, but luckily we are recovering well now.

He loves the new school and really is enthusiastic, so that’s very nice to see.

Wishing you the best and stay safe!

balfour-knight
    Participant

Hello André,

Thanks for your response. My sweet (very intelligent!) wife figured out how to get the accent symbols on this little tablet. It will even do Égérie, as you can see! Elsewhere on this Forum, Carl Swanson is writing about learning to do a “computerized music notation” program, so this has inspired us to learn a little more about these new “gadgets.” 🙂

Sorry for your family’s experience with the Covid-19. So far, we are staying safe. Unfortunately, all my harp-playing engagements have been postponed at least until next year. But I have had plenty of time to practice new repertoire and really enjoy my two harps, piano and organ, so it has been a productive time. We are semi-retired anyway, so it is a great life here in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina. The leaves are turning bright Fall colors, and there are many tourists in our area right now, good for our local economy!

Harp Hugs and all best wishes,
    Balfour (and Carol Lynn)

avdhoeven
    Participant

Yesterday Davy had to do a replay at the conservatory to see if he is making progress. He was quite happy with this:

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Wow, this is huge progress. The notes are even and phrasing is excellent. Overall, the piece is more musical and flows well. You sense the spinning motion. Big hoorah.

balfour-knight
    Participant

I agree with Gretchen! Thanks for posting this new video of Davy.

Very best wishes,
    Balfour

balfour-knight
    Participant

I finally located this thread, in which Davy plays a new Egerie harp! There are also postings of recordings of him playing other harps. It is so exciting to see his progress and development as a harpist. Enjoy, everyone!

Harp Hugs,
    Balfour (and Carol Lynn)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.