harpcolumn

rock-band style game for harp ?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break rock-band style game for harp ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mike-c
    Participant

I was wondering what possibilities there are for an interactive video game similar in theme to Rock Band ? As far as I know, nothing like this exists.

I am a software developer who has worked in the gaming industry, so I could definitely get something like this to work. Just wondering what would be the best way to do it ? Probably more of a lesson-oriented instructive type of game, rather than a competitive rock-out thing.

You’d have to use a real harp with a pickup, there wouldn’t be any easy shortcuts like the plastic button-only “guitars” that come with rock band. But you could show a 3D image of the strings, facing perpendicular, and the proper hand position required to make the chord or note sequence.

Then maybe illuminate the strings that need to be played next and some kind of flash or motion that it’s time to come off the strings ? You could scan in the sheet music to a PC, have the software analyze the sequence of notes, and then just tell you how to position your hand. All you’d need would be rules on how to interpret different note sequences.

What do you think about this ? I doubt it would be profitable, but it would certainly be fun.

Nancy Palmer
    Participant

I’d certainly be willing to give it a try!

A. Riley
    Participant

It sure would — I think a lot of people (including me) would love to give it a try!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.