harpcolumn

ridiculous shipping fees

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break ridiculous shipping fees

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

When are L&H West and Vanderbilt going to get with the program? They charge exorbitant shipping fees and do not provide the service that should go along with them. In today’s world, many internet vendors allow free shipping or reduced rates once you hit a certain dollar amount, and you have the package within 1 to 2 days. With both of these companies, one can pay $15 and up and not get the package for over a week. I just don’t get it.

I am not bashing these companies because I have been a loyal customer for many, many years. They have excellent service and inventory. But the shipping bit is ridiculous. I just paid $57 for overnight shipping and learned that it the guarantee is “by the end of the day tomorrow” not first thing in the morning. FAIL!

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hopefully the package arrives undamaged.

erin-wood
    Participant

I agree that $57 is a ridiculous fee, but I don’t think that you will ever see free shipping from these companies. They just don’t have the volume that places like zappos and amazon do. I sure miss my days of living in Bloomington and just browsing through music or pick up some new strings from Vanderbilt!

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Georgina!

I’ve had the same good experience with Sylvia Woods.

Billy Jones
    Participant

Good thing that you only paid $57 for the shipping and it could have gotten worse if they charge you for duties and levies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies