harpcolumn

Resell value on LH 23 gold from 1984 approximately

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Resell value on LH 23 gold from 1984 approximately

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Schube
    Participant

Is anyone familiar with this harp? I’d like to post to sell but looking to buy it 1st – I just need some resell values for this network and I’ll gladly post to sell once I can buy it. Thank you. Does authentication look good?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    balfour-knight
    Participant

Michael,

All of us pedal harpists are familiar with the L&H 23 harp. It is THE standard orchestral harp! It is equivalent to the Steinway D concert grand piano. (At least in the U.S.A., that is!) However, there is no “Bluebook” of resell values for harps like there is for automobiles. Only an in-person close examination of this harp could provide a “value” which you could work with. Ultimately, it is only worth what someone would pay for it!

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Balfour

paul-knoke
    Participant

Have a technician look at this harp before you buy. It’s hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like there may be a line across the bottom of the soundboard where the baseboard has pushed down. Not fatal, but not a cheap fix, either.

Michael Schube
    Participant

Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate it!

Mike

Michael Schube
    Participant

I’ll let you know – appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Mike

What do you mean, you want to sell it, but you have to buy it first? The sounding-board is exceptionally dark for a harp from the 1980s. The gold appears to be in very good condition, but that’s only cosmetic. If it has never been rebuilt, it is possible it will need a new neck and baseframe repair, and a new soundingboard. I would hazard a guess that it is worth no more than $20,000, if that, as those repairs are expensive. But I’m not an appraiser.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies