harpcolumn

Requiem for the Living

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing Requiem for the Living

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Ice
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I’ve completed my edition of the Forrest REQUIEM FOR THE LIVING, which I’m making available totally free of charge, gratis, if any harpist needs it.

The publisher, in their infinite wisdom, only makes the harp part available as rental, releasable only 4 weeks prior to performance. What this means is the average harpist will be lucky if they get the part 3 weeks before the concert, which is ridiculous. Not good at all.

I’ve worked on this, off and on, for a year. What I’ve tried to do (silly me!) is make this as “sight-readable” as possible for the average working harpist who doesn’t have 6-8 weeks of practice time for a single gig. You can contact me if you want a copy. harpdude@cox.net

David Ice

balfour-knight
    Participant

David, that is very nice of you to do this for other harpists. If I ever need to play that, I will contact you. Thanks!

Best,
    Balfour

sarafigal
    Participant

You rock, David.

Femke Brouwer
    Participant

Wow, thanks for offering this! I sent you an email 🙂

joan steinberg
    Participant

Hi David,
    I am currently working on this, just got the music, and concert is on Good Friday! I would love to see your edition, and I will send you an email.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.