Repertoire for Harp, Cello and Clarinet?

• Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #146051

Hello everybody,
    I really need your help! I have to organize a concert programm with harp, cello and clarinet and after spending the whole last day in the internet, I only found two contemporary pieces by Yung and Holt, which unfortunately are not suitable for this prgoramm (its a concert in Dezember, so the repertoire should probably be classic-impressionistic).
    In fact that the cocnert manager need my information until Monday next week, I really have a problem now… did anyone of you play a concert or any trio with these instruments?
    Thank you so much for your help! All the best, Jasmin

Participant
    unknown-user on #146052

there is a beautiful piece for just harp and clarinet by composer Stephen Paulus called Restless Dreams. Contact the composer’s website for more information: stephenpaulus.com

Jasmin-Isabel Kuhne on #146053

Dear Clinton,
    thank you so much for your answer! Unfortunately, contemporary music is not quite suitable for this concert, its in December and they all want “nice” music, so nothing experimental or so. Do you know when the Colloquio Sensitivo was written? Does it also sound modern?
    The Trio from Osorio-Swaab is a very good idea, I am really thankyful you gave me this advise!
    All the best, Jasmin

Participant
    brian-noel on #146054

There are some beautiful arrangements by Ken Gist of holiday music for harp/flute/cello.

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #146055

There is a very listenable piece for clarinet and harp by Paul Reade called The Victorian Kitchen Garden Suite (from a BBC television show). There are some Youtube videos, and I have a live recording I did as well, if you need to listen to it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.