harpcolumn

Repertoire Discovery

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Repertoire Discovery

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I run Harp Repertoire Discovery Group in facebook, where I discuss unusual, outstanding, neglected harp repertoire. I recently posted about the Four Vignettes by Bernard Wagenaar, which are “modern” pieces of color, vigor and delight. They are not long, but as a group, could be six or eight minutes long in performance. They are of extremely high quality, are very inexpensive to buy. They employ a number of Salzedo’s tone colors. Each one has a very distinct mood. Great recital pieces for an intermediate or advanced, professional harpist. Very refreshing. They are a bit reminiscent of the music of Paul Hindemith. They have humor, moderate dissonance, color and variety. Rarely played, as far as I know, I strongly recommend them.

catherine-rogers
    Participant

It would be really wonderful if you could record those, Saul, for those of us not familiar. Where can the music be purchased?

The Wagenaar was published by a major publisher, and should be available from any music dealer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies