column

Rental in Chicago

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Rental in Chicago

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone!

I hope its okay to post this in here…

Anyway, is anyone renting a harp in Chicago area? I’ve been renting the Ogden from L & H since March but I think I’m going to return it in Sept as I have the option to return or make the financing payments on it. I plan on just saving my money for a pedal harp as I’ve decided that is my ultimate goal and until I have enough to start my investment in one, I’m looking to rent from a private owner. My teacher has 1 or 2 that she knows of but I figured I would ask around in here as well. I’m in the Chicago area but willing to drive to pick up and am looking for a lever harp, preferably at least 34 strings. I’m looking for something that will be available end of August/beginning of Sept.

Thanks!
    Tracey

barbara-kraichy–2
    Participant

Hi Tracey,

Try contacting Dickie Fleisher–Dickiesan46@ aol.com. He rents harps and is in Chicago for the summer.

Thanks for the tip 🙂 Just emailed him!

Woohoo I may be renting a Prelude from him next month! Thanks again for the tip!

barbara-kraichy–2
    Participant

Hi Tracey,

I’m glad you were able to get in touch with Dickie and Congratulations on renting a Prelude.

Dickie is a good friend and he’s director of the Naples Harp Ensemble . (I’m a member) The Naples Harp Ensemble is going to be playing a concert on June 25, 2014 at the AHS Conference in New Orleans. Dickie will be directing it and I’m Coordinator for the Adult Harp Ensemble. Would you like to play along with us? He’s also going to be directing the Harp Extravaganza Concert which will be a massive Harp Orchestra with all the Harp Ensemble participants.

kay-lister

Barbara – do you know Carol Johnson? I believe she plays with that group. She was my first instructor.

Hey Barbara, I’m messaging you on the MusicStand acct 🙂

barbara-kraichy–2
    Participant

Hi Kay,

Yes I know Carol Johnson real well. She’s been playing with the Naples Harp Ensemble, but recently had to stop playing because of Health problems. I think it has something to do with the foot or nerves. We’re hoping she’ll be well enough to play with us again when we start preparing for our 2014 Naples Harp Ensemble Concert Series. Do you know how to get in touch with Carol? I have her e-mail address if you don’t have it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.