harpcolumn

Rent a Ravenna 26 or buy a Sharpsicle/Fullsicle?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Rent a Ravenna 26 or buy a Sharpsicle/Fullsicle?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kelly Noonan
    Participant

I have no space in my new apartment, so large levered harps are out of the question. Right now I’ve narrowed down my options to either buying a Sharpsicle (or possibly a Fullsicle…I’m emailing back and forth with someone about one) or renting a Ravenna 26. The Sharpsicle would be about $500 to buy, not counting accessories and the Ravenna would be a rent-to-buy program for $50 a month. I’ve had some experience with a teacher on an Ogden, but I’m having trouble finding someone in Boston who is willing to teach on a smaller harp, so I might be going it alone until I move into a bigger place with space for a larger model.

(If it makes a difference, I’m pretty eclectic with my musical taste, I’d love to play Celtic, Classical, Jazz or current pop/rock)

Cheryl Z.
    Participant

Hi Kelly,

Personally, I would

barbara-low
    Participant

I’d rent the Ravenna since you are accustomed to a harp that’s larger and sits on the floor. I think you would feel limited by the smaller harps.

Kelly Noonan
    Participant

Thanks guys, I ended up going with the Ravenna, especially after I tried plucking a few strings on the Sharpsicles and noticed how loose the strings felt! The Ravenna has a beautiful sound. The size is perfect for my apartment but it doesn’t feel too different from the Ogden, so I think it’s going to be an OK transition.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.