harpcolumn

Regulating Camac Pedal Harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Regulating Camac Pedal Harps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    alice-yothers
    Participant

Can anyone give me information on how to regulate a Camac pedal harp for yourself? That was one of the deciding factors I had when choosing to buy a Camac. I was shown at the time of purchase how to regulate it, but since I couldn’t video record it at the time, I don’t remember how it was done. And any views on how effective this self-regulation is?

Thanks!

andy-b
    Participant

Hi, Alice:

I recently adjusted the cable lengths on my Athena for the first time (I’ve had it a year) and found it to be very easy. This was all I needed to do to correct some minor intonation issues that were starting.

When you purchased your Camac, you should have been given a kit containing both an instruction manual, and all the tools necessary. If you didn’t, trying contacting whomever you purchased the harp from and seeing if you can get it. You can also go to the Camac Harps website and download and printout the regulation and care manual yourself. It has a complete listing of all the tools you need, and is printed in French and English.

Hope this helps,

Andy

darth-mom
    Participant

Hi Alice,
    Here is a link for the Camac manual.

pheona-miller
    Participant

Here is the link to the Camac website specifically for tools to regulate both their lever and pedal harps in addition to replacement pedal wraps and levers etc

https://shop.camac-harps.com/en/category/accessories-covers/spare-parts-tools/

pheona-miller
    Participant

This is the link to a YouTube video of renowned Harpist Josh Layne self-regulating his Camac Excalibur professional lever harp.

pheona-miller
    Participant

Here is the link to the Camac website pertaining to the professional regulation of their harps.

They have a list of qualified technicians world wide.

Service

There are harp technicians available at the annual International Edinburgh Harp Festival (early April) but usually have to be booked in advanced.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.