harpcolumn

Recording yourself playing

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Recording yourself playing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a tape recorder for recording yourself?

I have an older Zoom H2. I know there is a newer model now, but it works fine for me and when I got it, it was the top model. It

diana-day
    Participant

Have you thought about recording yourself with video using an iPad or something similar? There’s nothing like seeing as well as hearing yourself as an incentive to improve your technique!

cc-chiu

I use audacity,

daniele-di
    Participant

if you want something reeeally nice go for Briggsie advice…but if you are just doing it for yourself even a built-in mic of a laptop setup correctly can work well.

I use this http://www.amazon.com/Samson-C03U-USB-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B000QDF3G2/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1349566502&sr=1-1&keywords=samson+c03u because it`s usb, and record with the logitech software (because it also record a video), otherwise I use audacity

But I really didn`t needed something so powerful just for recording myself, I just happen to have it.
    I can send you some audio piece if you are really interested.

Or you can get a good webcam with mic if you also want to record yourself 🙂

poppy-rose
    Participant

I use my iPad. When I sit it on my music stand, it’s just the right height and angle to catch my hands and the strings. I also take it to my lessons to record my teacher playing new rhythms,or dynamics….

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Thank you everyone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.