Recording yourself playing

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #155455

Can anyone recommend a tape recorder for recording yourself?

Participant
    Briggsie B. Peawiggle on #155456

I have an older Zoom H2. I know there is a newer model now, but it works fine for me and when I got it, it was the top model. It

Participant
    diana-day on #155457

Have you thought about recording yourself with video using an iPad or something similar? There’s nothing like seeing as well as hearing yourself as an incentive to improve your technique!

cc-chiu on #155458

I use audacity,

Participant
    daniele-di on #155459

if you want something reeeally nice go for Briggsie advice…but if you are just doing it for yourself even a built-in mic of a laptop setup correctly can work well.

I use this http://www.amazon.com/Samson-C03U-USB-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B000QDF3G2/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1349566502&sr=1-1&keywords=samson+c03u because it`s usb, and record with the logitech software (because it also record a video), otherwise I use audacity

But I really didn`t needed something so powerful just for recording myself, I just happen to have it.
    I can send you some audio piece if you are really interested.

Or you can get a good webcam with mic if you also want to record yourself 🙂

Participant
    poppy-rose on #155460

I use my iPad. When I sit it on my music stand, it’s just the right height and angle to catch my hands and the strings. I also take it to my lessons to record my teacher playing new rhythms,or dynamics….

Participant
    Gretchen Cover on #155461

Thank you everyone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.