harpcolumn

R. Thompson, The Lord is my Shepherd

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire R. Thompson, The Lord is my Shepherd

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    elizabeth-motter
    Participant

Has anyone played this? A choral director just sent me the score. It is marked “PIANO (harp)” and looks very pianistic and difficult. There are some key changes that look highly problematic…just wondering if anyone out there has played it. It looks like a big headache.

MusikFind1
    Participant

Thompson, Randall
    The Lord is my Shepherd
    SATB, Piano, Organ or Harp

http://www.canticledistributing.com/media/pdf/2688.pdf

Pub: ECS

Notice that the harp is the last choice of instruments.
    The accompaniment works best when all three instruments are used. Create an arrangement by having instruments tacet at different places.

elizabeth-motter
    Participant

Thanks, but since I am not the music director, unfortunately the instrumentation choices are beyond my control. He wants solo harp accompaniment. I am wondering if anyone out there has played this piece and can offer suggestions.

Lelia
    Participant

I played this part several years ago, and while it was beautiful, it took major practice time. It was one of those parts that you work on….you are glad when you live through it…..and you hope to play it again. Feel free to email me if you like. lelialattimore@hotmail.com There were spots where dividing fingering between hands; enharmonic spellings; and simplifying helps.

elizabeth-motter
    Participant

Thank you, Lelia!

janna-bisceglia
    Participant

I just got assigned this harp part as well as solo accompaniment to a choir. Can anyone email me the enharmonic edits?

janna-bisceglia
    Participant

Is there a way I can email Leila or Elizabeth through Harp Column here to see if I can get a copy of the part? I’d really love another harpists thoughts on edits!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.