harpcolumn

Question about harp therapy

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Question about harp therapy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

Do all harp therapy training programs include a spiritual component?

cynthy-johnson
    Participant

Sherry,

What do you mean by “spiritual component”?

hannah-roberts
    Participant

I would love to discuss this very interesting topic!
    I am looking at IHTP or MHTP in 2011 or 2012.
    I am leaning towards IHTP because of the creative skills taught, and also because I worry I am overly sensitive as a person to be able do a good job, and I find the psychoemotional aspects of IHTP, some of which could perhaps be construed as spiritual, might best equip me for the emotional challenges that a harp practitioner could face.
    Sherry, what programs have you looked into?

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I actually didn’t know of any that were not accredited by the National Board of Standards for Therapeutic Musicians, and really didn’t find any in my web searches.

I’m attending an information workshop in September, so I expect I’ll come away with some interesting information from that.

I’m hoping to find a program that will help me to use some of my prior training in addition to gaining new techniques and experiences in the use of music as a

therapeutic tool.

hannah-roberts
    Participant

Please report back on your information workshop, I’d love to get your impressions and insights.

cynthy-johnson
    Participant

Harp Therapy Programs that are accredited by the The National Standards Board for Therapeutic Musicians can be found at their website at:

http://www.therapeuticmusician.com/

For more information on IHTP, you can review the coursework at the NEW harp thearpy campus at:

http://harptherapycampus.com/

Best wishes,

Cynthy Johnson, CTHP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies