harpcolumn

Protecting hardwood floors from harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Protecting hardwood floors from harp

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    J P
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

Donna O
    Participant

JP
    The hardware stores have soft felt rounds that can be attached to the bottom of the harp.

Charles
    Participant

Hello JP,

The only way you will keep a new wood floor looking new is to not live on it. Beauty marks will happen. I know I had new

J P
    Participant

I have three pedal harps.

Christian Frederick
    Participant

…. interesting timing.

Christian Frederick
    Participant

…. just commenting on your statement. I just moved from my old home of 30 years…. it had beautiful oak floors that were refinished in 1978. We always had rugs on the floors, including hand-dyed rugs we bought in Morocco. After all those years and incarnations of moving rugs around, we never had any discoloring of the wood, so I wouldn’t worry if I were you (only worry if your wood does not have a finish-sealer)…. just my two cents…

Donna O
    Participant

I have had no problem with the harp sliding while playing with the felt on the feet.

Denise Lockamy
    Participant

I use the felt stick-on pads. We were also told not to put rugs down for at least a year. My kitchen has the same hardwood as my living room, and I worried about water on it, so put down a small rug by the sink and refrig. Yep, under the rugs the floor is paler than the rest of the room now.

Well, I would be more worried about protecting the harp from the floor, than the other way around, and I wouldn’t attempt any kind of modification. You can get a rubber welcome mat to put under the harp.

J P
    Participant

Hi Denise,

That’s exactly what we were told, so that is why no rugs Christian.

Tacye
    Participant

I had the steel feet on my L&H replaced with Salvi plastic wheels and it is much easier to move the harp now.

kay-lister

Hmmm – we have natural red oak floors and just recently took up

paul-wren
    Participant

Check out your local office supply store. I also have the hand scraped oak.

Trista Hill
    Spectator

I had a similar concern about my floors, though they aren’t even installed yet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.