column

Practice Rooms in NYC??

Home Forums Coffee Break Practice Rooms in NYC??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    michelle-cobley
    Participant

Hey!

So next week I am taking a vacation to NYC to visit a friend. The only problem is that he is moving soon, and is currently unemployed thus giving him the ability to sleep through the morning and stay up very very late! I currently have a 9-5 day job and am used to those hours (though could possibly revert to my natural state of going to bed late quickly). I was wondering if anyone knew of any way that I could use those hours in the morning to practice somewhere in NyC? I there such a thing as a communal harp practice room to rent? Though that’s probably wishful thinking … I’m flying,so definitely wont be taking my harp with me.

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!!

kreig-kitts

Just enjoy the vacation and go to a museum or park. If you really want to be productive, spend a couple hours some morning at a coffee shop with some theory books to study, or marking pedal changes in a new piece. Is there anything you’re been meaning to arrange or tweak when you got around to it? Maybe listen to some new recordings or find a recital to attend.

diane-michaels
    Spectator

Try http://www.carrollmusic.com/ They have a harp plus studio space for rent.

michelle-cobley
    Participant

Thanks for the link & advice! I’ll give them a call

michelle-cobley
    Participant

Thanks for the link & advice! I’ll give them a call

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.