harpcolumn

posting photos

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break posting photos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

I have a photo from a recent gig I want to share.

tony-morosco
    Participant

You need to use some kind of online hosting site. If you ISP doesn’t provide you with space on their web servers to upload files then you need to find one of the free online photo hosting sites to post your photos on and then link to them from here.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I wish that you had a video of you

carl-swanson
    Participant

christian= I went through this a year ago. Barbara Brundage was a saint in helping me to figure out how to do this on a Mac. It’s been so long that I don’t remember all the details anymore. But I used photobucket I think. You have to put the photos there first, then download them to this site from Photobucket. But I remember it was trial and error in figuring out which commands worked.

Brandee Younger
    Participant

Just testing–

Brandee Younger
    Participant

Ok–I didn’t know that was so freaking huge!

carl-swanson
    Participant

Christian- I seem to remember that when I tried to download pictures from photobucket to here, it worked using Firefox but didn’t work using Safari. So if you have trouble on the one, try the other. Good luck. Hopefully you’re not as hoplessly inept with computers as I am!

And Brandee- I burst out laughing at your comment about the HUGE size of the picture. Thanks.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Christian, you have to start by putting the photo on the web someplace. Do you have .mac (moble me)?

Then copy the address (URL) of the photo and paste it into a message here using this format:

‹img src=”yourphoto’saddress”›

only using the regular karet () instead.

Christian Frederick
    Participant
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

No… that didn’t work. I didn’t know it would be so freaking hard.

Christian Frederick
    Participant

and on top of that… every thing converted to German, Polish, or some other language other than English. At least if it was sign language (I was a Special Ed major-Deaf Education), I would understand it.

This is sooooooo frustrating.

Christian Frederick
    Participant
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

OK … I need help.

I uploaded to photobucket… then what?

Christian Frederick
    Participant

javascript:void(0);

Christian Frederick
    Participant

OK… now I’m going to have a glass of red wine and go to bed.

One thing I’ve learned….. many business applications (such as my company’s employee portal, do not talk well to Mac. Maybe that is also the problem here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.