harpcolumn

Post-1975 pieces

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Post-1975 pieces

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sara Kantor
    Participant

In practically every competition I’ve seen so far, there is always a necessary choice piece written (usually) after 1975.

Unfortunately I don’t seem to be able to find many and the ones I do I’m not a big fan of.

Help please?

There are a couple of pieces by Dean Roush that might be after that date, and Acrostic Paraphrase by David Del Tredici. I have published three pieces recently. Steve Sametz has written Angelus. Jan Friedlin published several harp pieces, and there are several by Ami Maayani which are very good for competitions.

Katrina Szederkenyi
    Participant

Some Britten was composed after 1975 (as far as I know the Suite was written 1975)

Another good one is Spiders by Patterson. (I’m pretty sure it was written after 1975, but do correct me if I’m wrong!)

Of course, the pieces by Ami Ma’ayani are fabulous – Maqamat is a lot of fun!

unknown-user
    Participant

You can look into pieces by Bernard Andrès, Heinz Holliger, Toshio Hosokawa and

Well, if you’re going to bring up Carter, you might as well bring up Birtwistle. They both make me bring up, if you know what I mean. There are many pieces, but they are not well distributed is the problem. Many composers have written pieces. You might try contacting their representing agencies.

Dance of the Cypresses by Milton Barnes is an amazing piece. The Canadian Music Centre represents him, I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.