harpcolumn

Pop recessional ideas?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Pop recessional ideas?

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Do you have any suggestions for a pop recessional for a wedding? Something recent, say within the last ten years. I already suggested:

I Got Rhythm
    Here Comes the Sun
    What a Wonderful World
    New Blues (DHC)
    Wanted (Hunter Hayes)
    The Story So Far (New Found Glory)

(This particular bride is using “Bless the Broken Road” and “Can’t Help Falling in Love” for the processional to give some perspective.) I have pop tunes, but the ones that translate well to harp seem to be the ballads, not the upbeat recessional types.

Thanks!
    Katie

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Katie,

Have you considered Baroque Flamenco by Deborah Henson-Conant? There are 3 levels, and she encourages harpists to mix and match the parts. There are some youtube clips of recent performances. A few harpists are using the electric lever harp which should give you some new ideas how to play it. It could be a fun recessional – certainly different:)

BTW, some of BF has been revised so make sure you use a current version of the piece.

diane-michaels
    Spectator

I’ve played U2’s Beautiful Day for several recessionals. Also Coldplay’s Viva La Vida.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Suggestion from my 25 year old son and friends: “All of Me” by John Legend. There is a harp clip on youtube.

I do Viva La Vida and Here Comes The Sun quite often – both great recessionals.

Rule The World, Better Together, I’m Yours, Heaven Must Have Sent You and A Whole New World get chosen quite often too!

erin-wood
    Participant

The theme music from the Pixar movie “Up” is one of my favorites and a lot of couples choose it. the marriage portrayed in the film is very sweet so it is very appropriate thematically.

elinor-niemisto
    Participant

“When I’m Sixty-four.”

Thanks for the ideas. We ended up with “I Do” and “Lucky.”

diane-michaels
    Spectator

Last night I played Best Day of My Life by American Authors as a recessional. It’s cute on the harp – the original starts with banjo, so I played the introduction pdlt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y66j_BUCBMY

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies