harpcolumn

Please help me make a decision

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Please help me make a decision

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Connolly
    Participant

Hello all,

This is my first post here as I am about to buy a harp and start learning. I am actually an oboist and have wanted to play harp for years.

I am stuck making a decision and have done a lot of research into which is the best harp I can afford. I am a guy so I want something with large string spacing of the concert grand size.

My two options that I can afford are the Lyon and Healy Chicago Conert Grand or the Aoyama Amphion. I can’t try either as I live in Australia and they will have to be specifically ordered.

My problem is that while L&H have a much better reputation, their Chicago series most definitely doesn’t from what I’ve read and been told by harpists I know! Whereas Aoyama are slightly less regarded but still very good and their Amphion is quite an established model.

I definitely want Concert Grand size spacing so am avoiding L&H 85s and can’t quite afford a Salvi Daphne. Any suggestions? Amphion or Chicago CG???

Thanks for your advice everybody 🙂

kay-lister

John,

The 85 E Concertino has concert grand size spacing.

Kay

dawn-penland
    Participant

I have briefly played on the Chicago Concertino and the Chicago extended CG.

John, talk to the folks at Harp Centre Australia (http://www.harpcentre.com.au) about

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

Have replied off list to you John about Aussie harp purchases and the problems we have being here.

John Connolly
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help everyone! Anyomore opions are greatly welcomed though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies