Please help me make a decision

• Participant
    John Connolly on #72631

Hello all,

This is my first post here as I am about to buy a harp and start learning. I am actually an oboist and have wanted to play harp for years.

I am stuck making a decision and have done a lot of research into which is the best harp I can afford. I am a guy so I want something with large string spacing of the concert grand size.

My two options that I can afford are the Lyon and Healy Chicago Conert Grand or the Aoyama Amphion. I can’t try either as I live in Australia and they will have to be specifically ordered.

My problem is that while L&H have a much better reputation, their Chicago series most definitely doesn’t from what I’ve read and been told by harpists I know! Whereas Aoyama are slightly less regarded but still very good and their Amphion is quite an established model.

I definitely want Concert Grand size spacing so am avoiding L&H 85s and can’t quite afford a Salvi Daphne. Any suggestions? Amphion or Chicago CG???

Thanks for your advice everybody 🙂

kay-lister on #72632

John,

The 85 E Concertino has concert grand size spacing.

Kay

Participant
    dawn-penland on #72633

I have briefly played on the Chicago Concertino and the Chicago extended CG.

patricia-jaeger on #72634

John, talk to the folks at Harp Centre Australia (http://www.harpcentre.com.au) about

Participant
    Philippa mcauliffe on #72635

Have replied off list to you John about Aussie harp purchases and the problems we have being here.

Participant
    John Connolly on #72636

Thank you so much for your help everyone! Anyomore opions are greatly welcomed though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.