harpcolumn

PIlgrim Skylark harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories PIlgrim Skylark harp

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mary James
    Participant

Hello! Does anybody have any experience with pilgrim skylark? I am considering of buying this harp, as it is the smaller and lighter 34 strings harp I have found (Height 1.10m, weight 8.3kg), plus I have heard the best about pilgrim. I would appreciate any thoughts-comments-reviews-feedback!

Tacye
    Participant

I like them very much (I have a Pilgrim Clarsach made in 1987) and highly recommend the legs – they raise the harp to the perfect playing height for you to sit on a normal chair (if you try out the different leg heights and buy the right ones for you) and are so much easier to cart around than a special stool or stand.

katerina
    Participant

Pilgrim are ok, I’m not a big fan of them… They sound a bit heavy, the string tension is not quite what I like, the weight is more than it should be…

But the quality of woodwork is good and the price is good. I saw some Pilgrims with pretty tough life, 10 years old, and they still keep fine. For price/quality relation Pilgrims are fine.

There are the harps much lighter and much better sounding… but – less affordable. Like Thurau Fianna.

Mary James
    Participant

Thank you both very much for you reply :-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies