harpcolumn

Piercings in right ear

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Piercings in right ear

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maya
    Participant

I’m sure many of you have the issue of removing earrings or always wearing studs in the right ear to prevent rattling against the harp. I’d like to get a cartilage piercing & I think it would be nice to get one or two in the right ear, since I always have to wear smaller earrings on that side for harping. However, I’m not sure if that would also make noises against the harp and I’d have to be constantly conscious of it while I was playing? I realise this is a slightly unorthodox question but does anyone have any experience with this? Am I better off getting the left ear done instead?

Stephanie
    Spectator

Hello Maya,
    I have both ears pierced all the way up my ear-I have always used studs and never had an issue with them rattling against the harp. I’m sure if you use very small hoops they shouldn’t be a problem either. Best wishes!

Maya
    Participant

Awesome, thanks! The last thing I want is yet another piece of jewellery I have to take off every time I play.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.