harpcolumn

piano music on harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists piano music on harp

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    J P
    Participant

I was wondering how everyone else deals with conductors and music directors giving them piano parts expecting them to be played on harp.

Christian Frederick
    Participant

Just this week, I had the desire to jump inside my piano and play it like a harp 🙂

The big diffence you can point out is composers/arrangers don’t realize that they are writing for harp on a keyboard with 10 fingers, but the harpist only uses 8 fingers……..

“Just this week, I had the desire to jump inside my piano and play it like a harp.”

Christian!! HAHAHAHAHAHA…..this cracks me up, and it reminds me of last year’s Christmas concert. I teach in a public middle school and have a large middle school choir. I was at the piano at the start of the concert. I was trying to make sure I had everything ready to go….checking the music, the page turn, all that stuff…..and I looked down at my pedals to make sure they were set correctly for the key…..um…..OOOOOOOOOOPS…..duh. That was when I realized that finally….FINALLY….I was a real harpist.

Briggsie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics