harpcolumn

Pet hair and pedal harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Pet hair and pedal harps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I was wondering what (if anything) is done to keep pet hair from billowing under a pedal harp. I still only have lever, and it is up on legs and not hollow underneath. We have laminate floors and the dog hair collects under furniture. I know I can vacuum it AFTER it gets there, but has anyone come up with a barrier to prevent it from getting there in the first place? Would an area rug make it better or worse?

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I have the same situation. My harps are on a tile floor. I bought small non-skid carpet-material rugs (30X17″) at Walmart that are just under the base and in front of the pedals. It does help keep debris out of the harp. I am amazed how much sand and hair collects in such small rugs!

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

You can put a small rug down, and some of the pet hair will accumulate on the edge of the rug, rather than under the harp. But it still gets under there, it’s just that the pet hair is camouflaged by the rug. Vacuuming the floors twice a week is the best way to keep your floors clean. If you don’t want to move the harp to vacuum under it I suppose you can to the lazy fix by giving one quick shot of canned air (used to clean computer keyboards.)

shaunsmith
    Participant

Same happened with me while i was getting a top vacuum for pet hair.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by shaunsmith.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.