column

pedalling: assistive devices help

Home Forums Harps and Accessories pedalling: assistive devices help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Keymaster

Does anyone have experience with assistive devices for pedal harpists? I have problems with my right foot missing the A-pedal sometimes but would like to continue playing pedal harp in concerts, even on “bad days.” [It’s a mild version of multiple sclerosis – hands are fine, so far. Nerve connections can sometimes be retrained – I’m working on that, but it’s slow. I’ve been asked to play in a concert in April.] Variants on pedal extenders, mirrors? if I can see my feet and/or the pedals, it’s ok, but I can’t always put the harp down in the middle of a passage.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Hi sheila- would you care to provide a little more detail about your specific problem with the A pedal? For example, does your foot over or under reach for the pedal? I may be able to think of something but I need to know a little more about how you need compensate for what you do now. Please feel free to email me privately if you prefer.

Tacye
    Participant

I think I remember someone telling me that she had her pedals bent in (from the bolt/rivet where they fold up for transport) to bring them closer to the centre.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.