harpcolumn

Pacific Harp Institute

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Pacific Harp Institute

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mark-andersen
    Participant

I just wanted to publicly thank all of the teachers and assistants that made the Pacific Harp Institute a great success this summer. Alison Austin has done a wonderful job of putting things together and the theme this summer has been “Salzedo and Beyond.” Susi Hussong, Yolanda Kondonassis, Janet Whitman, Elizabeth Volpe Bligh, Ashley Wong, Naomi Kato, and Ruth Mar gave the students two weeks of absolutely wonderful instruction and I highly recommend anyone looking for a fine summer experience to consider PHI. Each week of study was heralded by a concert on the Saturday at the end of that week. The advanced students concert will be televised over two weeks on Crescendo! in Seattle and New York. Watch for times and dates on http://www.intartists.com. You will also be able to see clips from that concert on iTunes and YouTube very soon.

As president of the American Harp Society Greater Seattle Chapter I’m proud that our area can offer such great programs for the development and advancement of harp performance.

Thank you to everyone involved in making this year’s PHI a success.

Mark Andersen

AHS Greater Seattle Chapter

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics