harpcolumn

Original music for lever harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Original music for lever harp

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Check the harp syllabuses online for the Royal Conservatory of Music and Trinity College UK. They list pieces for lever harp.
    https://examinations.rcmusic.ca/sites/default/files/rcme/online_syllabi/Harp_Syllabus_2009.pdf

http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=1054 click on the 2016 Strings syllabus and it will download.

Rachel
    Participant

And Elizabeth, I should have included your wonderful collection of solos for level/pedal harp, which includes Damselfly and The Downstairs Spider, two of my favorite pieces!

Hi Jennifer, So glad you asked this question because there are such good suggestions already on this thread. With Deborah Henson-Conant, also check out her signature piece, The Nightingale. Then Baroque Flamenco and New Blues.
    I attended the Princeton Harp Festival this past weekend and met Francois Pernel. He premiered Camac’s new lever harp the Excaliber and the music that he played was mostly original pieces that he wrote for the lever harp. He likes to write music for the lever harp that can’t be played on the pedal harp and it brings out a really different feel and sound (big use of modes). Definitely worth the look. His email is opernolan@gmail.com. The Andres music also makes good use of the lever harp even though the Espices are not always listed in lever. If you need new Christmas music, while not original music Megan Methaney’s Bernard’s Christmas has combined Bernard Andres music with Christmas music and it makes for a nice change with the bonus of having the Andres music after the holiday!! I brought it here in Harp Column Music!

jane

Thanks for posting this! I’m always looking for interesting new pieces, and happily there are several here I’ve not heard of.
    I also like Carol Wood’s Saxon River Suite, although I’m finding her notation hard to follow. Pretty pieces, though, with cool otherworldly harmonics.

There are several good lists of lever harp music in the harp syllabuses from the Trinity College UK, ABRSM and the Royal Conservatory of Music. Just google “harp syllabus” and you will find them. My original pieces for lever harp are in the RCM and Trinity syllabi, for example.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies